— Oak Island Accommoda (@OIAccommodation) August 23, 2017
Travel insurance is of great importance since it is possible to solve any type of inconvenience, such as accidents, illnesses, baggage losses, flight delays (especially when traveling on Work), cancellations of these, among many other eventualities.
1. Legal assistance is another issue that can become very important when we are away from home and, even more so, when we have traveled outside our country of residence. No one is exempt from a traffic accident in which we can hurt another or other people or, well, having to use force to defend ourselves from unjustified attacks by third parties.
2. With regard, specifically, to medical care due to illness or accident, you must take into account, before traveling, that it is a mandatory coverage for entry to many countries, as is the case of the United States, Canada, Australia and many of the countries of Europe. In other words, if you do not take a good insurance cover for this type of eventualities, do not worry about doing the other errands.
Other cases where good travel insurance is essential
3. When you have traveled abroad and need to request a medical or dental appointment, it is very important that you have this insurance, as the costs of these services can be extremely expensive in some countries. You must take this insurance, even if you travel to a country that does not require this policy.
4. In the event of an undesirable theft of luggage, in part or in full, a good travel insurance will allow you to have specialized personnel, trained and expert in the subject, to recover it as quickly as possible. Luggage is the most important thing that we take to every trip, after our loved ones and health, of course. If they do not find it, you can get them to pay you part or, better, the whole value of the lost luggage.
5. Another of the fundamental coverage that you must hire is the cancellation of flights.
This is because airlines, hotels, and other companies and/or businesses involved in your trip (such as travel agencies) usually do not reimburse the expenses that you may incur due to the cancellation of a flight. A canceled flight can force you to pay hotel costs that were not within your budget, extra food and even can cause you to lose some commitments you may have in your home city.